Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween

In my culture we don’t celebrate Halloween and we don’t have any holiday related with dead. However since few years ago we started to see some things related to Halloween in the street. The reason of this is that we have a lot of American influence. Every article in Venezuela is imported from the United States. If Americans have a holiday in Venezuela we will have the same holiday because the merchandise comes from America. In Venezuela people likes party and everything related with party will be successful in my country. Today in so many bars you can find Halloween parties. Also you can see Halloween decorations in shopping centers. However this is not a tradition in Venezuela. Halloween is not celebrated for everyone in my country. People how is in a better social class know about Halloween but is not the whole country. Venezuelan people prefer Christmas. Everybody in Venezuela celebrate Christmas. We have American influence in our Christmas because we use Christmas tree but this is not our tradition. We have a lot of Santa Clause images but we believe in Jesus Christ. We celebrate Christmas on December 24th. We make a dinner with our family. We cook hallacas that is a traditional plate in Christmas. The arty start before 12 pm. And everybody give you a present for Christmas. For children the go to bed a Baby Jesus give them some presents too. Our Christmas is different but I don’t have doubt about the American influence in my country. I like American holidays and I don’t care about the influence that American have in my country. I like Halloween and I like to celebrate it.

1 comment:

Anna said...

It is interesting to me that the US influences other countries with our holidays...though I really wish we weren't exporting Halloween...