Monday, December 1, 2008

Fluency

Food in Venezuela

Venezuela is not a country that is famous for food. We eat every kind of food, like American, Mediterranean, Japanese, Chinese and more. However in Venezuela people take care about the food that they eat. In my country people always try to eat healthy food. In Venezuela people are really worried about their appearance, and that is the reason, because they eat good food. Also a lot of people go to the gym every day. For me, American food is good to eat not too often because it is really unhealthy. Since I arrived here I have gained more that 4 pounds even though I try to eat good food every day. Furthermore I started to suffer gastritis. In my country the food is really healthy; you can find in restaurants a lot of salads, vegetables, fruits, juices of natural fruits and more. The food in Venezuela is not too spicy, even though we use a lot of ingredients to cook the food. Our food is made with real food, for example, food in Trueblood’s catering, here at SIU, is not real food, the meat is kind of processed and for me that is not food.  In Venezuela people cook with vegetables and naturals spices. One of the things that are hard to adapt here in the United States is the food.

No comments: