Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fluency 1

I come from a big city. I am from Caracas, Venezuela. There are a lot of differences between Caracas and Carbondale. Caracas is a big city, with a lot of buildings, people and cars. Caracas has a population of 6,000 inhabitants. We have a lot of poor people and the traffic is terrible. Carbondale is a small town that has life because of the university. Carbondale is quiet and for me it is boring. In Caracas you always have something to do and every day shops, restaurants, and bars are open until 6 in the morning. In Carbondale you do not have anything to do after 2 am. However I like Carbondale because it is a safe town and people here are friendly. In my country I feel that people are always thinking about how much money you have or how beautiful you are to talk to you. In Carbondale you do not have to be worried about your clothes or your aspect because everybody talks to you because you are a person, but not because you look good. Caracas is a city and it is different from Carbondale. I like Carbondale but I miss my city too.

No comments: